Complaints Procedures 

Complaints Procedure

From time to time, children, parents and others connected with the academy, will become aware of matters which will cause them concern. To ensure that all of these matters are resolved in an effective manner the Trust has adopted a complaints procedure.

The procedure was devised with the intention that it will:

How to make raise a concern or make a complaint

In the first instance, we would ask that parents and carers make an appointment with their child's class teacher to attempt to resolve the problem in an informal discussion. If after meeting with your child's teacher you feel that the issue remains unresolved, we ask that you make an appointment to meet with one of our Senior Leadership Team. If you feel that the complaint is of a formal nature, we ask that you make an appointment with the Headteacher to discuss your concerns. Once a complaint has been received, we aim to resolve the matter promptly and ensure that a suitable outcome is reached.

The Academies Commitment

In line with our commitment to building a caring and supportive environment for staff, pupils, parents and visitors, we ask that all visitors behave in an appropriate manner when interacting with staff.

The academy is committed to listening to our parents, carers and children and their concerns. We will do our upmost to investigate your concerns/complaints and respond in a timely fashion. We may not always get it right every time, but we are always willing to listen and improve experiences for all community members. 

Under no circumstances should staff be shouted at, sworn at, threatened or physically assaulted. Any such behaviour will result in reports being made to South Yorkshire Police and the Academy will exercise it's legal right to refuse entry to the grounds and building.

Complaints about SEND provision

We urge parents with any concerns regarding the SEN policy or the provision made for their child to speak to us as soon as possible. In the first instance, please speak to the class teacher or the SENDCO. If parents feel their child's needs are still not being met they should make an appointment to see the Head of School or the Regional Educational Director.

If concerns are still unresolved parents may wish to use the local Information, Advice and Support Service for Special Educational Needs and Disability (see the SEND Responsibilities and Contacts form on the Statutory Information page of each academy website) or engage with the procedures explained in the AET Complaints policy.